Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Found a Great Toy

I found a great learning toy the last time I was at the Lakeshore Learning Store. I'm sure it can be found in most teacher's stores. Here is the link to what it looks like http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/ca|searchResults~~p|WF212~~.jsp. It is a mobile solar system on a stand. I think it is best for children ages five and older. The greatest thing I like about it is that the degrees are marked out on the circumference. Before your child even learns angles and degrees in school, he or she will be able to set up the planets according to the time of year! If money is an issue, split the cost with someone you know who has an older or younger child. That way once one of the children has grown out of it, it will be passed on to the next child. That's what I'm going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment